Type Of Program :
- Non Degree Programs
Academic Level :
- Training Program
If Other,Please Write Full Name :
- Program Suggestion Prerequisites
Full Name of Major :
- Spine surgery
Name of School/Research Center/Hospital :
- School of Medicine
Program Description :
- Treating spinal disorders, including deformities, congenital1T 1Tdisorders1T, Ttumors and spinal fractures, disc disorders with spinal instability, spinal canal stenosis, and severe spondylolisthesis requires skills, expertise, and experience.
- Tehran University of medical sciences is prepared for training fellowships in this course. This course aims to introduce proper treatment and prevent the consequences of high expenditures imposed on healthcare system by taking advantage of the latest findings in the world.
Program Duration :
- 3-6 monthsContact Person (Submitter)
Full Name :
- Dr. Kourosh Karimi
- Assistant professor of Neurosergery
- Department of Neurosurgery
- Complementary Information
Name of Department :
Program Curriculum :
Program Objectives :
- To train knowledgeable, competent, efficient, effective, and liable spine surgeons.
Expected Competencies and Procedural Skills:
- General competencies and experience requirement: Being graduated as neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon
- Procedural Skills (Diagnostic-therapeutic procedures):
- Performing surgical procedures on neural elements, such as nerve release, closure of membrane defects covering the spinal cord, spinal and neural decompression
- Performing surgeries on intervertebral discs, anterior or posterior Discectomy, and
- microscopic discectomy
- Performing surgeries on bone tissues, such as different types of laminectomy, vertebrectomy, removal of osteophytes, correction of defects
- Performing surgeries for stabilizing and correcting the curvature of the spine, such as installation of spinal stabilization equipment through anterior, lateral, or posterior approaches and recognition and treatment of coronal and sagittal balance problems
- Performing surgeries for removing spinal tumors using intra-operative neuromonitoring
- Method(s) of Instruction : During this course, various methods and techniques will be used:
- Bedside teaching in the Neurosurgery ward.
- Observant/Assistant/Independent in Surgery
- Post operation Care in recovery
- Various intra- and intersectoral, hospital, interdisciplinary and inter-university conferences as well as seminars
Other training methods and techniques according to the requirements and objectives
Program Instructor(s) :
- All academic staff in Neurosurgery department in Shariati, Imama Khomeini and Sina Hospitals
Attach CV of Instructor(s) :
Tuition Fee :
- 1000$ (for 3 months) (scholarship can be offered to specific applicants depending on their qualifications)Eligibility Criteria
Who Can Attend? :
- Graduated as neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon
- The eligible candidate have successfully completed, an approved Neurosurgery residency program.
- Proficient in the English or Persian languages.