- This Clinical Practice (Critical Care Medicine) has been designed by critical care clinicians in one of the largest Teaching Hospitals in the Iran for doctors interested in emergency medicine, anesthetics and intensive care medicine who are seeking to deepen their knowledge and understanding in the field of critical care.
The program covers core learning in relation to:
- Research- and evidence-based practice;
- Pathophysiological Basis of Critical Illness;
- Supportive Care for Organ Failure;
- Care of the Patient with Altered Mental State;
- Decision-Making, Communication and Ethics;
- Research and Audit Methodology;
- Special Patient Groups; Cancer, Post-surgery, sepsis;
- Neurocritical Care and Trauma Management, Neurological problem;
- Clinical Observer-ship;
- Pain management;
- Mechanical ventilation; and,
The program is delivered by experts in the field of critical care using a multi-modal teaching approach which includes lectures, seminars, journal clubs, case reports and ward rounds.
In the Clinical Practice in Critical Care you will:
- Examine role development in relation to advanced practice, and specifically in relation to the role of advanced critical care practitioner
- Examine the nature and use of advanced practice, communication and decision-making skills
- Explore how to meaningfully apply evidence to your field of practice
- Enable you to build on your knowledge, skills and competence to become a clinical expert and/or leader in your chosen field of advanced critical care
- Enable you to development in research and analytic soft wares.
Method of Instruction
- The programme is delivered by experts in the field of critical care using a multimodal teaching approach which includes lectures, seminars, journal clubs, case reports and ward rounds, statistical soft wares and research class.
- The entry requirements are: A first degree in a relevant specialty (anesthesiology, emergency medicine, intensive care) from an approved institution of higher education
Who can attend?
- Postgraduate Doctors in Emergency Medicine and Postgraduate students in Anesthetics and Intensive Care Medicine
- Contact Person: Mohammad Taghi Beigmohammadi, Associate Professor of Anestesiology and Incentive Care, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Imam Khomeini Hospital Complex, Tehran University of Medical Sciences
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel.: (+98 21) 6119 2511
- Cellphone: (+98) 912 175 9016