We believe it is the right of every human being to be healthy and all the medical personnel should feel responsible for the provision, preservation and promotion of the health of all the community members. We believe the specialists in this branch of dentistry (endodontists) will be able, through learning the preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic techniques of the pulp and periapical diseases and through the use of the best equipment, materials and novel techniques, to play a great role in preserving teeth and promoting the health of all the members of the community. We also believe it is possible to render the best services to the community by adopting community-oriented attitudes by considering the needs of the community and by relying on effective practical-communicative skills.
By considering the 10-year Prospects Document up to 2025, we aim to train knowledgeable and efficient specialists in the fields of prevention and treatment and also aim, through expanding the boundaries of knowledge in endodontics, to achieve a prominent position in this region and to significantly decrease the number of teeth extracted for endodontic reasons.
The mission of this field is to train the specialist human resources based on global standards and based on the needs of the country. The graduates will be able to offer the best preventive-therapeutic services and will be able to teach in dental faculties all over the country to develop research activities and expand the boundaries of knowledge.
Specific Competencies and Skills
At the end of the program learners will be competent in the following skills
- Accurate implementation of diagnostic tests
- Preparation of an appropriate access cavity in all the teeth
- Preparation of straight and curved root canals with hand and rotary systems
- Obturation of straight and curved root canals
- Retreatment of teeth with one or several root canals
- Carrying out root-end surgeries by placing a retrograde material
- Vital pulp therapy
- Apexification by placing apical plugs
- Regeneration of necrotic teeth with open apices
- Management and treatment of traumatized teeth
- Fresh socket implant treatment
- Bleaching of non-vital teeth
- Forming a team to do interdisciplinary approach by being involved with different postgraduate programs for treating complicated cases
- Doing endodontic treatment for disabled people under general anesthesia
General Requirement: To apply for this program, you will need to fulfill a number of requirements, which can be found in the Graduate Admission Requirements.
Specific Requiremetns: Degree in Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S) or Degree in General Physicians (M.D) by one of the Iranian or foreign universities.
The eligible candidate should have successfully completed an approved general physician program and should be proficient in English or Persian.
Tehran University of Medical Sciences has a rolling application system and reviews student applications all year round.
However, the deadline for the September intake is June 31.
Education Fees and Yearly Expenses
For complete and comprehensive information about fees and expenses, please refer to the Education Fees and Yearly Expenses section.
Total Course Credits
- Core courses 106
- Common basic sciences 9.5
- Specific basic sciences 3.5
- Related sciences 1
For access to overall structure of the course Click Here.
For more information, please download the Program Curriculum of Endodontics.
In case of any inquiries, you can contact the Office of Vice-Dean for International Affairs at TUMS School of Dentistry through the following:
Contact Person: Dr. Pouyan Amini Shakib
Tel.: (+9821) 42794266
Address: Faculty of Dentistry: End of North Kargar Street, Tehran, 1439955991, Iran
To contact the Office of International Admissions, please use the following information:
Tel.: (+98 21) 8890 2090-93, Ext.: 169
Address: No. 21, Dameshgh St., Vali-e Asr Ave., Tehran 1416753955, Ir
In case you are ready to apply, please refer to TUMS Online Application Form below.
Alternatively, you can visit the following pages if you require more information about the university:
- Undergraduate Admission Requirements
- Scholarships and Financial Aids
- Education Fees and Yearly Expenses
- Student Housing
- Undergraduate Programs
- Other Programs