The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program in Reproductive Health is a branch of the health and medical sciences, in which PhD graduates learn about the different dimensions of reproductive health such as population affairs, nutrition, reproductive right, epidemiology and advanced techniques in reproduction and infertility during their training period.
The graduates of this program would acquire abilities for policy making and program planning, leadership, conducting research and taking educational responsibilities in the field of reproductive health and they will work in different centers for education, research and policy-making related to the reproductive health.
The mission of this program is as follows
- To provide the academic staff required for the universities as well as national research and educational centers in the field of midwifery and reproductive health
- To provide expert workforces for planning, management and evaluation of reproductive health programs
- To train researchers to conduct research projects towards the latest scientific achievements in reproductive health at international levels
- Training of skilled human resources with the ability to perform the educational duties in reproductive health and midwifery training centers
- Training of specialized and skilled human resources to conduct scientific and applied research in order to identify and meet the needs of research and educational institutes in the society, and to access the academic independence and expanding the boundaries of knowledge, scientific productions and exporting them to other countries.
- Training of specialists who can perform the duties of the planning in the field of reproductive health in order to improve and upgrade the quality of services in reproductive health and midwifery.
General Requirement: To apply for this program, you will need to fulfill a number of requirements, which can be found in the Graduate Admission Requirements.
Specific Requiremetns: Holding a Master degree (MSc) in Midwifery in Midwifery or Health Services Management with BSc in Public Health received in Iran or abroad
The eligible candidate should have successfully completed an approved related Degree program and should be proficient in English or Persian.
Tehran University of Medical Sciences has a rolling application system and reviews student applications all year round.
However, the deadline for the September intake is June 31.
Education Fees and Yearly Expenses
For complete and comprehensive information about fees and expenses, please refer to the Education Fees and Yearly Expenses section.
Duration: 4 years
Courses and number of credits:
Prerequisite courses: 6 credits
Special Courses: 20 credits
Thesis: 24 credits
Total: 50 credits
For more information, please download the Program Curriculum of Reproductive Health
In case of any inquiries, you can contact the Office of Vice-Dean for International Affairs at TUMS School of Nursing and Midwifery through the following:
Contact Person: Dr. Khaterh Seylani
Tel.: (+9821) 6105 4120
Address: School of Nursing and Midwifery, Nosrat St., Tohid Sq., Tehran, Iran
To contact the Office of International Admissions, please use the following information:
Tel.: (+98 21) 8890 2090-93, Ext.: 169
Address: No. 21, Dameshgh St., Vali-e Asr Ave., Tehran 1416753955, Iran
In case you are ready to apply, please refer to TUMS Online Application Form below.
Alternatively, you can visit the following pages if you require more information about the university:
- Undergraduate Admission Requirements
- Graduate Admission Requirements
- Scholarships and Financial Aids
- Education Fees and Yearly Expenses
- Student Housing
- Degree Programs
- Non-Degree Programs