While nanotechnology refers to the "research and technology development at atom and molecule levels at scales of 1-100 nm to achieve a basic understanding of phenomena and materials at the nanolevel, using structures, devices and systems with new features and performance due to their small size", outstanding features of nanomedicine are using nanodevices and nanostructures, engineered at the nanoscale, to make diagnosis, provide treatment and prevent diseases. Tools used in nanomedicine range from drug delivery systems and nanobiosensors to nanorobots and nanoscaffolds. It depends on a number of disciplines, including physics, engineering, chemistry, and biology, and aims to improve the quality of life through enormous developments in health-care sectors.
Due to the increasing growth rate of science and technology in nanomedicine and more and more investments in this field, the quality of human life is expected to substantially improve in the near future. As a result, universities and higher education institutions are required to plan and implement programs for training and developing required human resources in various fields of nanomedicine. Thus, training and educating skilled human resources majored in nanomedicine to continue their studies at the Ph.D. level is considered as the main mission of our educational program.
Specific Competencies and Skills
- Identification of facilities, equipments and products in the field of nanomedicine
- Participation in the design of new diagnostic - Therapeutic and drug delivery nano-systems
- Participation in teams providing services related to health
- Providing new ways to improve nanomedicine-associated processes and methods
- participation in the marketing of nanoproducts
- Assisting in implementation of nano-related educational programs at different levels
- Participation in development of guidelines and educational pamphlets in the field of nanomedicine
- Participation in the design, implementation, management and evaluation of research projects in nanomedicine
- Atomic absorption spectroscopy, infrared absorption and Raman
- Gas chromatography, HPLC and TLC
- Mass spectroscopy and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy
- XRF and XRD
- Scanning probe microscopy (SPM) Electron Microscopy (SEM and TEM)
- Dynamic light scattering
- Capillary electrophoresis
General Requirement: To apply for this program, you will need to fulfill a number of requirements, which can be found in the Graduate Admission Requirements.
Specific Requiremetns: Holding a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) in one of the fields of polymer engineering ,chemical engineering , engineering materials, Electrical Engineering, bioelectric, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, environmental health, occupational health, nuclear medicine technology, engineering, chemical industry, engineering, medicine, food industry and agricultural engineering, or doctorate degrees in Veterinary, medicine, pharmacy, dentistry , laboratory sciences and biotechnology received in Iran or abroad.
The eligible candidate should have successfully completed an approved related Degree program and should be proficient in English or Persian.
Tehran University of Medical Sciences has a rolling application system and reviews student applications all year round.
However, the deadline for the September intake is June 31.
Education Fees and Yearly Expenses
For complete and comprehensive information about fees and expenses, please refer to the Education Fees and Yearly Expenses section.
Duration: 2.5 years
Courses and number of credits:
Introductory: 22 credits
Prerequisite courses: 2 credits
Special Courses: 12 credits
Thesis: 6 credits
For more information, please download the Program Curriculum of Nanomedicine
In case of any inquiries, please contact the Office of Vice-Dean for International Affairs at TUMS School of Nanomedicine through the following:
Contact Person: : Dr. Hossein Ghanbari
Tel.: (+98 21) 43052000
Postal Code: 1417755469
Email : email@example.com
Address: School of Advanced Technologies in Medicine, Italia st, Keshavarz blv. Tehran, Iran
To contact the Office of International Admissions, please use the following information:
Tel.: (+98 21) 8890 2090-93, Ext.: 168
Address: No. 21, Dameshgh St., Vali-e Asr Ave., Tehran 1416753955, Iran
In case you are ready to apply, please refer to TUMS Online Application Form below.
Alternatively, you can visit the following pages if you require more information about the university: