The M.Sc. in Audiology provides a comprehensive study of the hearing and balance systems, their impairments, evaluations and managements as well. The admitted students will learn the theory and science underlying practical skills including but not limited to acoustics, psychoacoustic, the anatomy, physiology, neuroanatomy and neurophysiology of the auditory and balance mechanisms. The first year of the major provides the scientific background of auditory and balance mechanisms and an introduction to clinical skills. The second year gives a comprehensive training in all aspects of clinical practicum along with research methods in this field and completion a dissertation and oral defense.
The two-year M.Sc. in Audiology at the school of Rehabilitation of the Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) is apt for those students who wish to be expert audiologists for working at different clinical settings and research centers in the field.
The Objectives of this course is to provide students with the necessary training to enter the profession of clinical audiology and research centers in the field. Hence, the aims of this program are as follows:
- Research activities that provide a scientific view in their practice.
- Familiarity with the new methods, equipment and techniques in prevention, evaluation and treatment.
- Obtaining required abilities for presenting educational services.
Graduates can perform the duties as an audiologist practitioner. After completion of this program successfully, the integration of skills, attitudes and knowledge will prepare the practitioners for professional activities such as
- Maintaining professional and effective communication.
- Audiological assessment and examination of normal people and patients.
- Filing and data entry, audiological records and appropriate reports.
- Clinical decision making to solve the problem of patients.
- Selecting the appropriate approach to diagnosis and appropriate management and its implementation.
- Establishing the necessary coordination and referral and required Following-up .
- Managing of clinical, educational, hospital, industrial, and military hearing canters.
- Providing audiological prevention and hearing well-being services in different populations.
General Requirement: To apply for this program, you will need to fulfill a number of requirements, which can be found in the Graduate Admission Requirements.
Specific Requiremetns: Holding a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) in Audiology, Speech pathology and Audiology received in Iran or abroad
The eligible candidate should have successfully completed an approved related Degree program and should be proficient in English or Persian.
Tehran University of Medical Sciences has a rolling application system and reviews student applications all year round.
However, the deadline for the September intake is June 31.
Education Fees and Yearly Expenses
For complete and comprehensive information about fees and expenses, please refer to the Education Fees and Yearly Expenses section.
Courses and number of credits:
Prerequisite courses: 3 credits
Special Courses: 25 credits
Thesis: 4 credits
Total: 32 credits
For more information, please download the Program Curriculum of Audiology
In case of any inquiries, you can contact the Office of International representative of the Department of Audiology Tehran University of Medical Sciences through the following:
Contact Person: : Dr. Qasim Mohammadkhani
Tel.: (+98 21) 77530636
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Department of Audiology Rehabilitation Faculty, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Pitch-e-Shemiran, Enghelab Ave.,Tehran, Iran
To contact the Office of International Admissions, please use the following information:
Tel.: (+98 21) 8890 2090-93, Ext.: 169
Address: No. 21, Dameshgh St., Vali-e Asr Ave., Tehran 1416753955, Iran
In case you are ready to apply, please refer to TUMS Online Application Form below.
Alternatively, you can visit the following pages if you require more information about the university: