Health Education and Health Promotion
This PhD Program is designed to bring up professionals with appropriate competencies in knowledge and skills to provide health policies in the community, supportive environment, improving personal skills related to heath and management of health-related action plans. Furthermore, professionals try to maintain and improve health promotion to have a healthy life in a healthy environment using people participation and policymakers’ advocacy.
Expected Competencies at the End of the Program
Specific Competencies and Skills
- Understanding and describing health problems
- Diagnosing and investigating health problems and solutions
- Informing, educating and empowering people about health problems and solutions
- Mobilizing community partnerships to identify and solve health problems
- Designing and developing research projects to add insight and find innovative solutions for health problems
- Choosing cost-effective and evidence-based intervention methods in health
- Designing, developing, implementing and evaluating national and local interventions
- Putting strategies into practice in the national and local plans of action
- Understanding how to implement strategies and action plans
- Understanding how to improve the cooperation between various sectors (governmental and non- governmental)
- Making effort to strengthen national capacity, leadership and the interdepartmental and intersectoral approach to improve health
- Paying attention to the need of partnership and interdepartmental cooperation for improvement of public health
- Intervention development and program planning and evaluation
- Working as a professional in the health system in various settings
General Requirement: To apply for this program, you will need to fulfill a number of requirements, which can be found in the Graduate Admission Requirements.
Specific Requiremetns: Degree in General Physicians (M.D), a Pharm-D, a Doctor of Veterinary (DV), a Doctor of Laboratory (DL), a Doctor of Dentistry (DMD) or having a master's degree (MSc) in Health Education and Promotion, in Health Education , Nursing (all fields), Midwifery (all fields), Environmental Health, Occupational Health, Sociology, Psychology, Health Psychology, Medical Education, Consulting, Media Management, received in Iran or abroad.
The eligible candidate should have successfully completed an approved related Degree program and should be proficient in English or Persian.
Tehran University of Medical Sciences has a rolling application system and reviews student applications all year round.
However, the deadline for the September intake is June 31.
Education Fees and Yearly Expenses
For complete and comprehensive information about fees and expenses, please refer to the Education Fees and Yearly Expenses
Duration: 4 years
Courses and number of credits:
Prerequisite courses: 4 credits
Special Courses: 18 credits
Thesis: 20 credits
For more information, please download the Program Curriculum of Health Education and Health Promotion
In case of any inquiries, you can contact the Office of International representative of the Department of Health Education and Health Promotion Tehran University of Medical Sciences through the following:
Contact Person: : Dr. Gholamreza Andaji Garmaroudi
Tel.: (+98 21) 42933255
Email : email@example.com
Address: Department of Health Education and Health Promotion, School of Public Health (SPH), Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS), Engheleb Square, Tehran, Iran
To contact the Office of International Admissions, please use the following information:
Tel.: (+98 21) 8890 2090-93, Ext.: 168
Address: No. 21, Dameshgh St., Vali-e Asr Ave., Tehran 1416753955, Iran
In case you are ready to apply, please refer to TUMS Online Application Form below.
Alternatively, you can visit the following pages if you require more information about the university: