Dentistry Winter School
The course includes various theoretical and practical programs of the School of Dentistry as following:
- Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: surgery of Wisdom Teeth and Oral Biopsy
- Department of Periodontics: Crown Lengthening and implant Live surgery
- Department of Prosthodontics: tooth preparation for CAD/CAM made crowns, Intraoral scanning and designing the crown, Closed tray and open tray impression making for Implants
- Department of Pediatric Dentistry: Tooth preparation for amalgam restoration, tooth preparation for stainless still crown
- Department of Restorative Dentistry: Tooth bleaching workshop
he program aims to promote practical and academic skills of students. In addition, it will prepare an opportunity to improve their skills in following:
- How to take a complete history before the surgery
- How to manage preparation patient’s stress
- How to make appropriate flaps for impacted wisdom teeth surgery
- How to manage different types of wisdom teeth impaction
- How to manage the complications before, during and after the surgery
- How to suture the operation site to reduce postoperative periodontal problems
- How to manage CL and preparation for restorative treatment
- Be familiar with 3D oral scanning and 3D printers
- Distinguishing between different types of tooth discolorations
- Describing various types of bleaching treatment planning
- Describing various types of bleaching materials and methods
To apply for this program, you will need to fulfill a number of requirements, which can be found in the Undergraduate Admission Requirements.
All dental students in the last 2 years of education are eligible for this course.
The deadline for the January 2020 is December 7, 2019.
Number of positions offered: 10 students
Accommodation: If you require accommodation, you will be given the opportunity to use our international dormitories located close to campus in Tehran at student rate.
Education Fees: 210 US$
Duration: Duration of program is 5 days.
Method of Instruction: Hands on training
- Dr. Pouyan Aminishakib
- Dr. Niloofar Haghbin
- Dr. Hamid Jalali
- Dr. Hamid Mahmoodhashemi
- Dr. Afshin Khorsand
- Dr. Mehdi Shahrabi
- Dr. Mahboube Hashemi nasab
- Dr. Mojgan Paknejad
- Dr. Farzane Farid
- Dr. Shabnam Milani
- Dr. Ladan Ranjbar Omrani
- Dr. Fariba Motevasselian
In case of any inquiries, you can contact the Office of Vice-Dean for International Affairs at TUMS School of Dentistry through the following:
Contact Person: Dr. Pouyan Amini Shakib
Tel.: (+9821) 42794266
Address: Faculty of Dentistry: End of North Kargar Street, Tehran, 1439955991, Iran
To contact the Office of International Admissions, please use the following information:
Tel.: (+98 21) 8890 2090-93, Ext.: 169
Address: No. 21, Dameshgh St., Vali-e Asr Ave., Tehran 1416753955, Ir
In case you are ready to apply, please refer to TUMS Online Application Form below.
Alternatively, you can visit the following pages if you require more information about the university: