Anesthesia Technology (B.Sc)
Bachelor of Science in anesthesia is one of the disciplines in medical sciences in which the students train in principles and methods of anesthesia, the related equipment, medication and related drugs. The students also learn about taking care of patients under local and general anesthesia pre, peri, and postoperatively. Furthermore, acquiring the methods and principles of acute pain management services emergencies is within the curriculum. The graduates can work in teaching hospitals under the supervision of an anesthesiologist.
The mission of the program is to train graduates who can take care of patients (under the supervision of an anesthetist) in post anesthesia care units (PACU), provide acute pain management services (APMS) and help in cardiopulmonary and cerebral resuscitation (CPCR).
The vision of the program is to provide active learning, innovation, acquisition of new clinical knowledge and skills, and optimum patient care so that the program will be the best and with the highest standards in the region (Middle East).
Familiarity with care techniques and principles of acute pain control together with critical situations and medical emergency measures are also among students’ training courses.
Specific Competencies and Skills
At the end of the program learners will be competent in the following skills:
- Studying the patients’ records, their history of disease and informing the anesthesiologist
- Performing antiseptic measures, sterilization, cleansing and maintenance of the required instruments
- Taking care of, accompanying, and transferring the patients to the operation room
- Monitoring the anesthesia equipment and preparing the required tools and medication
- Cooperating with the doctor in monitoring the patients and recording the patients’ vital signs
- Cooperating with the doctor in placing the patient in proper position for operation
- Cooperating with the anesthetist in anesthesia induction, local anesthesia and other therapeutic measures
- Cooperating with the anesthetist in bringing back patients to consciousness
- Monitoring the patients in PACU
Duration: 4 years
To apply for this program, you will need to fulfill a number of requirements, which can be found in the Undergraduate Admission Requirements.
Tehran University of Medical Sciences has a rolling application system and reviews student applications all year round.
However, the deadline for the September intake is June 31, and the deadline for the February intake is October 31.
Education Fees and Yearly Expenses
For complete and comprehensive information about fees and expenses, please refer to the Education Fees and Yearly Expenses section.
Total Course Credits
- General 22 Credits
- Basic, Specialized and Internship 92 Credits
- Field Internship 16 Credits
For more information, please download the Program Curriculum of B.Sc. of Anesthesia
Contact Information In case of any inquiries, please contact the Department of Anesthesia Technology through the following: Contact Person: Mr. Fariborz Mehrani Tel.: (+98 21) 8898 2905, Ext.: 145 Email: email@example.com Address: Department of Anesthesia Technology, TUMS School of Allied Medical Sciences, Farre Danesh St., Qods St., Enghelab St., Tehran, Iran To contact the Office of International Admissions, please use the following information: Tel.: (+98 21) 8890 2090-93, Ext.: 169 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: No. 21, Dameshgh St., Vali-e Asr Ave., Tehran 1416753955, Iran
In case you are ready to apply, please refer to TUMS Online Application Form below.
Alternatively, you can visit the following pages if you require more information about the university: