Health Information Technology (B.Sc)
The B.Sc. of Health Information Technology (HIT) is a learning program, combining the developing field of health care with the information technology. This program prepares students to become a member of the health information management profession.
The graduates, possessing the knowledge and skills of the field, should be able to acquire the necessary health information from various sources, perform quality control of health data, do data analyses, release ethically and legally approved information and design health information systems for quality healthcare provision. They do their work in collaboration with physicians, nurses, healthcare managers and IT professionals.
The aim of this program is to help students gain knowledge about management of departments of Health Information Technology, data storage and processing methods (organization, classification, and statistical accounting), retrieval of information, and indicators and analysis of health data.
- Rules and Regulation for coding mortality and importance of statistics application them about mortality in national and international levels.
- Familiar with applying some of management methods for management of health information technology department.
- Familiar with fundamental concepts about electronic health record (EHR) and implement of HER.
- Learning with Information architecture Models, Tools and Information Technology, application of information Technology in Medical Informatics Domain.
- Learning about structure and program health system and types of health services and programs.
- Course learner to be familiar with information technology and its application in other sciences.
- To be Familiar with the fundamental concepts of research and report development in the area of health information technology.
- To be familiar with computer network and systems security and their application in health care centers.
- To be familiar with computer data structure and health information technology stages using technical knowledge and applying computer resources to acquisitive information, information system life cycle and to model Health information systems.
- To be familiar with the structure and performance of different types of health information systems, to understand and to value of every integrated information system and software development.
- To be familiar with informative resources in medical sciences and to manage them.
To apply for this program, you will need to fulfill a number of requirements, which can be found in the Undergraduate Admission Requirements.
Tehran University of Medical Sciences has a rolling application system and reviews student applications all year round.
However, the deadline for the September intake is June 31, and the deadline for the February intake is October 31.
Education Fees and Yearly Expenses
For complete and comprehensive information about fees and expenses, please refer to the Education Fees and Yearly Expenses section.
Duration: 4 Years
The total number of credits includes as follows:
General Courses 22 Credits
Basic Courses 30 Credits
Specialized and Internship 62 Credits
Field Internship 16 Credits
Total 130 Credits
For more information, please download the Program Curriculum of B.Sc. of Health Information Technology
In case of any inquiries, please contact the Department of Medical Labratory Sciences through the following:
Contact Person: Dr. Bahram Nikmanesh
Tel.: (+98 21) 8898 2909
Address: School of Allied Medical Sciences, Farre Danesh St., Qods St., Enghelab St., Tehran, Iran
To contact the Office of International Admissions, please use the following information:
Tel.: (+98 21) 8890 2090-93, Ext.: 168
Address: No. 21, Dameshgh St., Vali-e Asr Ave., Tehran 1416753955, Iran
In case you are ready to apply, please refer to TUMS Online Application Form below.
Alternatively, you can visit the following pages if you require more information about the university: