Medical Laboratory Sciences (A.S.)
The Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences at TUMS School of Allied Medical Sciences accept students in the program of Medical Laboratory Sciences at the Associate of Science (A.S.) level.
Medical laboratory sciences is a branch of medical sciences dealing with the analysis of blood, body fluids, and tissues for the diagnosis of diseases, treatment follow-ups, and keeping people healthy. As a graduate of the medical laboratory scientist, you'll assist physicians and nurses in choosing the best lab tests and ensure proper specimen collection methods. So, you play a vital role in the healthcare system.
- Learning the physical principles of machines, devices and instruments used in clinical laboratories
- Express the measurement value of each of these biochemical compounds in the diagnosis of different diseases
- Perform various biochemical tests of body fluids using routine and new laboratory methods
- Isolation and identification of bacteria in clinical samples
- Familiarity with virology laboratory and common methods of laboratory diagnosis of viruses
- Familiar with pathology techniques and learning how to prepare a slide of aspirated fluids and tissues
- Familiar with routine hematology tests
- Learning about protection and safety principles in laboratories in a way that no harm comes to technicians, colleagues or the patients while performing tests
To apply for this program, you will need to fulfill a number of requirements, which can be found in the Undergraduate Admission Requirements.
Tehran University of Medical Sciences has a rolling application system and reviews student applications all year round.
However, the deadline for the September intake is June 31, and the deadline for the February intake is October 31.
Education Fees and Yearly Expenses
For complete and comprehensive information about fees and expenses, please refer to
Duration: 2 years
Courses and number of credits:
General Courses: 13 credits
Basic Courses: 15 credits
Special Courses: 28 credits
Field Internship: 12 credits
Total: 68 credits
For more information, please download the Program Curriculum of A.S. of Medical Laboratory Sciences.
In case of any inquiries, please contact the Department of Medical Labratory Sciences through the following:
Contact Person: Dr. Bahram Nikmanesh
Tel.: (+98 21) 8898 2909
Address: School of Allied Medical Sciences, Farre Danesh St., Qods St., Enghelab St., Tehran, Iran
To contact the Office of International Admissions, please use the following information:
Tel.: (+98 21) 8890 2090-93, Ext.: 168
Address: No. 21, Dameshgh St., Vali-e Asr Ave., Tehran 1416753955, Iran
In case you are ready to apply, please refer to TUMS Online Application Form below.
Alternatively, you can visit the following pages if you require more information about the university: