The subspecialized course of pediatric surgery is a branch of surgery that is dedicated to prevention, diagnosis, surgery treatment, and rehabilitation of evolutionary, acquired, and traumatic abnormalities from fetal period to the age of 16.
- Diagnostic-therapeutic and caring tasks
- Development of professional relationship with patients’ and their families
- Preparation of complete biography of patients
- Subtle examination of patients
- Request for necessary para-clinical examinations
- Performance of diagnostic procedural actions mentioned in this program
- Timely diagnosis of diseases
- Surgery performance related to course and in proportion with the items taught in this course
- Clinical monitoring of patients
- Logical prescription of sedatives and analgesics and appropriate use of palliative procedures
- All pain control procedures which improve the quality of patients’ services before and after surgery
- Timely prescription of sensitive drugs and fluid therapy
- Performance of intravenous and gastrointestinal feeding methods
- Therapeutic follow-up and timely care after surgery
- Record of exact findings in all steps of diagnosis and treatment
- Paying attention to conditions of each child, physical atmosphere of the ward, and resolving patients’ problems
- Paying attention to mental aspects of diseases and performance of suitable intervention
- Respect towards rules and professional morality in collaboration with patients, families and colleagues
- Offering the rehabilitating methods for children with resulting complications or chronic diseases
- Providing suitable conditions for stabilization and transmission of young patients
- Request for specialized consultations if necessary
- Performance of multidisciplinary tasks as a therapeutic team
- Recording and adjustment of medical documents Educational tasks
- Instruction of patients, entourages, health team members, scholars, assistants and society if needed
- Preparation of educational, therapeutic and care guidelines for different levels
- Emphasis on lifelong learning (constant training)
- Offering the research plans in fields related to authorities of health system
- Recording patients’ information and participation in setup and fix of data entry system
- Critical interpretation, evaluation and use of the results of research by others
- Contributing to designing and implementing research plans in a relation with state programs and also pediatric surgery with health systems
- Preparing a report and publishing research findings and scientific texts as papers
- Direction and management of pediatric surgery teams
- Best use of facilities and equipment
- Analysis of care systems for neonates and infants who need surgery and presentation of required offers and proposals to policymakers
- Using tools and management procedures to promote the effective factors about patient care and to decrease mortality rate and complications after surgery
- Management of qualitative control in given services for pediatric surgery departments
- Collaboration in consultation and design, and helping develop and manage pediatric surgery wards
- Participation in health policies and child care, especially in urgencies and prevention of events
2 Years (Full Time)
General Requirement: To apply for this program, you will need to fulfill a number of requirements, which can be found in the Graduate Admission Requirements.
Specific Requiremetns: Degree in General Physicians (M.D) or Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) by one of the Iranian or foreign universities.
Having and approved specialty in General Surgery.
The eligible candidate should have successfully completed an approved general physician program and should be proficient in English or Persian.
Tehran University of Medical Sciences has a rolling application system and reviews student applications all year round.
However, the deadline for the September intake is June 31.
Education Fees and Yearly Expenses
For complete and comprehensive information about fees and expenses, please refer to the Education Fees and Yearly Expenses section.
For more information, please download the Program Curriculum of Pediatric Surgery
In case of any inquiries, you can contact the Office of International representative of the Department of Pediatrics Tehran University of Medical Sciences through the following:
Contact Person: Dr. Ehsan Aghaei Moghadam
Tel.: (+98 21) 6659 3366
Email : email@example.com
Address: No. 62, Gharib St., Keshavarz Blvd., Children’s Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, Tehran, Iran
To contact the Office of International Admissions, please use the following information:
Tel.: (+98 21) 8890 2090-93, Ext.: 169
Address: No. 21, Dameshgh St., Vali-e Asr Ave., Tehran 1416753955, Iran
In case you are ready to apply, please refer to TUMS Online Application Form below.
Alternatively, you can visit the following pages if you require more information about the university: