Health Education and Health Promotion
This MSc program is designed to provide opportunity for students to learn fundamental skills in conducting needs assessment, personal, social and organizational behavior analysis, developing, implementing and evaluating of the program, applications of behavioral and social science theories to intervention design.
Expected Competencies at the End of the Program
Specific Competencies and Skills
At the end of the program learners will be competent in:
- Understanding and describing health problems
- Diagnosing and investigating health problems and solutions
- Informing, educating and empowering people about health problems and solutions
- Mobilizing community partnerships to identify and solve health problems
- Choosing cost-effective and evidence-based intervention methods in health
- Designing, developing, implementing and evaluating local interventions
- Putting strategies into practice in the local plans of actions
- Understanding how to implement strategies
- Making efforts to strengthen national capacity, leadership, and the interdepartmental and intersectoral approach to improve health
- Paying attention to the need for partnerships and interdepartmental cooperation for improvement of health
- Need assessment
- Intervention development and program planning and evaluation
- Appraisal of public health in the society
- Working as a professional in various settings of health system
General Requirement: To apply for this program, you will need to fulfill a number of requirements, which can be found in the Graduate Admission Requirements.
Specific Requiremetns: Having a Bachelor degree (BSc) in Public Health, Nursing, Midwifery, Environmental Health, Occupational Health, Social Sciences, Health Care Management, Anthropology, Consulting, Medical Records, Psychology, Educational Technology, Educational Sciences, Surgical Technologist, received in Iran or abroad
The eligible candidate should have successfully completed an approved related Degree program and should be proficient in English or Persian.
Tehran University of Medical Sciences has a rolling application system and reviews student applications all year round.
However, the deadline for the September intake is June 31.
Education Fees and Yearly Expenses
For complete and comprehensive information about fees and expenses, please refer to the Education Fees and Yearly Expenses section.
Duration: 2.5 Years
Courses and number of credits:
Prerequisite courses: 6 credits
Special Courses: 20 credits
Thesis: 6 credits
For more information, please download the Program Curriculum of Health Education and Health Promotion
In case of any inquiries, please contact the Office of Vice-Dean for International Affairs at TUMS School of Health Education and Health Promotion through the following:
Contact Person: : Dr. Ahmad Ali Hanafi-Bojd
Tel.: (+98 21) 42933167
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Enqelab Square, Tehran, Iran.
To contact the Office of International Admissions, please use the following information:
Tel.: (+98 21) 8890 2090-93, Ext.: 169
Address: No. 21, Dameshgh St., Vali-e Asr Ave., Tehran 1416753955, Iran
In case you are ready to apply, please refer to TUMS Online Application Form below.
Alternatively, you can visit the following pages if you require more information about the university: