Technology Solutions for Telenursing and Generating Knowledge
Dr. Khatereh Seylani
Dr. Asieh Darvish
Links to Related Courses:
Prof. Toni Hebda
PhD, MNEd, MSIS, RN-C, CNE
Informatics Nursing board certification-ANCC, Certified Nurse Educator-NLN, With publications on informatics for nurses and healthcare profesionals
Dr. Melody Rose
DNP/NI, MSN/NI, RN, CPHIMS
DNP of Nursing Informatics, MSc of Nursing Informatics,
Adjunct Professor at Franklin University, USA
With publications on informatics for nurses and healthcare professionals
Prof. Carolyn Sipes
PhD, CNS, APRN, PMP, RN-BC, NEA-BC, FAAN
With publications on informatics for nurses and healthcare professionals, Expertise in project management
Dr. Asieh Darvish
PhD/ITM, MSc/MITM, BSc/N, QM, EE
School of Nursing and Midwifery,
Tehran University of Medical Sciences, IRAN
With publications on Nursing Informatics
Introduction of the Program:
This is a short course designed to enhance your knowledge about the application of informatics and Technologies Solutions for Telenursing and nursing care outcome.
It includes 8 hours lectures in 4 week and 8-hours self-study in 4 week.
Why join this program and study online?
If you want to know why nurses should be empowered on nursing informatics, attend this program.
Completion of this program will be considered equal to one-credit of a Master degree in Nursing Informatics online program for future applicant of NI Master of Science at Tehran University of Medical Sciences.
What are the learning outcomes (What will a student learn)?
- Provide an overview of connected health.
- Discuss prerequisites for the development of a connected health system.
- Address the correlation between a learning health system and consolidation of all health information.
- Discuss the role that supporting technologies play in developing a connected health system
- Discuss the role that professional communication and organizations play with connected health
- Provide an overview of telehealth and telenursing.
- Distinguish among different types of telehealth/telenursing.
- Address barriers to telehealth/telenursing practice.
- Identify concerns related to telehealth/telenursing practice.
- Discuss the impact of the pandemic on telehealth/telenursing
- Summarize the current status of telehealth/telenursing.
- Discuss the impact of telehealth/telenursing on patient outcomes.
- Identify informatics competencies required for the delivery of telehealth/telenursing.
- Provide current exemplars of telehealth and telenursing.
- Explain why health care clients choose telenursing.
- Define mobile health (mhealth).
- Distinguish between medically-approved and consumer-facing examples of mobile health.
- Identify issues related to mobile health.
- Provide current exemplars of mobile health.
What are the ambitious goals of this short course and what are the metrics to measure?
-Introduction of concepts, key points and factors affecting the success of Telenursing.
Metrics: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ); pre-test and post-test; Open-ended questions
Who are the most important target groups?
B) Medical sciences related students
What are the details of the academic target?
Prospective students and graduated in BSc, MSc and PhD of Nursing
Health related programs graduated with some nursing background and medical sciences related field and other students graduated at least in BSc, who are interested
Certificate of Participation will be granted to participants with minimum attendance in 75% of sessions as well as completing the final survey.
The certificate of completion can be adapted as a credit toward your path to acquire M.Sc. of Nursing Informatics.
|Lecturer||Title||Date||Time (GMT)||Time (IRST)|
|Prof. Dr. Toni Hebda||Saturday, April 16||13:30-15:30||18:00-20:00|
|Dr. Melody Rose||Saturday, April 16||13:30-15:30||18:00-20:00|
|Prof. Dr. Carolyn Sipes||Saturday, April 23||13:30-15:30||18:00-20:00|
|Prof. Dr. Carolyn Sipes||Saturday, April 30||13:30-15:30||18:00-20:00|
|Dr. Asieh darvish||Saturday, April 30||13:30-15:30||18:00-20:00|
|Dr. Melody Rose||Saturday, May 7||13:30-15:30||18:00-20:00|
Day 1: Saturday, 16.04.2022
To watch this session on our YouTube Channel please click on this link: https://youtu.be/NZokbHBwA0Q
Day 2: Saturday, 23.04.2022
To watch this session on our YouTube Channel please click on this link: https://youtu.be/rr3Naa1nQrg
Day 3: Saturday, 30.04.2022
To watch this session on our YouTube Channel please click on this link: https://youtu.be/bM_p47hLwRY
Day 4: Saturday, 07.05.2022
To watch this session on our YouTube Channel please click on this link: https://youtu.be/cRRzWZpS8Ow
Tehran University of Medical Sciences
School of Nursing & Midwifery
Department of Medical Surgical Nursing & Basic Sciences
Tel: +98-21-88800332, +98-922-2883072