Interested physicians or nurses can participate in the 2-day training course of Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation that is designed according to the last updated guidelines of American Heart Association.
- Heritable white matter disorders are a group of hereditary disorders that mainly affect the white matter of central nervous system. This group is rapidly growing in the field of pediatric neurology regards to new disorders that are diagnosed with manifestation of brain white matter involvement. Presently, very few research centers around the world are focused on these disorders, and training research or clinical fellowship in this field could be helpful to increase the borders of knowledge in pediatric neurology field.
- Definition of heritable white matter disorders, classic leukodystrophies and genetic leukoencephalopathies
- Classification of classic leukodystrophies
- Approach to heritable white matter disorders
- MRI pattern recognition in childhood leukodystrophies
- The role genetic and metabolic studied in diagnosis of pediatric leukodystrophies
- Management and quality of life in childhood leukodystrophies
Method of Instruction
- MRI review of confirmed cases of leukodystrophies
- Visit of patients in myelin disorders clinic
- Review of clinical data of confirmed cases of leukodystrophies based on registry system
- Professional ability in speaking and writing in English or Persian
- Medical Diploma of Pediatric Neurology or Pediatrics
Who can attend?
- Pediatric Neurologists and Fellows of Pediatric Neurology
- Dr. Alireza Tavasoli, M.D., Pediatric Neurologist, Fellow of Heritable White Matter Disorders
- Dr. Mahmoud Reza Ashrafi, M.D., Pediatric Neurologist
- Dr. Homan Alizadeh, Pediatric Radiologist
- Contact Person: Dr. Alireza Tavasoli, Associate Professor, Pediatric Neurologist, Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cellphone: (+98) 915 513 0257