1st International Sexual Health Assessment Skills Training Course
Professional Capacity Building Workshop
Islamic Republic of Iran, 21-25 January 2014
- Dr. Seyed-Hassan Emami- Razavi, Manager of Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences
- Dr. Effat Merghati-Khoei, Ph.D., Assistant Professor Of Sexology, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Fellow from Medical University of South Carolina. Effat_mer@yahoo.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Focal Point:
- Dr. Zahra Khazaeipour, Assistant Professor of Community Medicine, Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences. email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marzieh Hajibabaei, Psychologist M.Sc., Consultant & Research Assistant in Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Research center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, email@example.com;
- This course is organized jointly by the Ministry of Health, Treatment and Medical Education of Islamic Republic of Iran, Brain & Spinal Cord Injury Research center (BASIR), Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS), and the World Health Organization (WHO). It will provide participants with the knowledge and skills in sexual health assessment and sexual problems management through small group work, exchange of experiences and discussion with qualified specialists.
- The objective of the course is gaining sufficient knowledge and skills for management of primary sexual health assessment and treatment of sexual problems.
- The major subject areas to be dealt with are:
- · Sexual health related matters
- · Quality of sexual life
- · Frequent sexuality concerns
- · Family related problems
- Participation in a practical, intensive training course such as this is only the first step towards better management of primary sexual health assessment and treatment of sexual problems. After completion of this course, participants need to put to good use the knowledge, skills and competence acquired. It is hoped that governments will select participants for this course who will, upon returning to their countries or place of work, be deeply involved in sexual health care and management of the sexual difficulties, and conducting training workshops, organizing seminars, or in any other appropriate form, attempting to pass on their knowledge and skills to other health workers.
- This course will provide intensive training in the subject of general sexology and sexual health. It will be conducted entirely in English. Participants will be expected to be fluent in spoken and written English and are asked to provide evidence of this.
- This intensive course will last for 5 days with emphasis on group work.
ACCOMMODATION & DINING
- The Course is fully residential. Lunches and refreshments will be served during the workshop. The BASIR has conference room, computer and library facilities. Wireless Internet is available in the centre and participants can use the Internet by their laptops in the center.
- This course has a maximum capacity of 30 places.
- The required tuition fee for this course is $ 1000 US per participant. This will cover lodging and books and training materials (to be used during the course and to take back with you for future reference), accommodation, lunches and refreshments during the workshop. Participants will be responsible for other expenses such as their airfare. Participants should ensure that they have adequate travel insurance.
- The course is designed for Physicians and Allies (Medical background preferred). Candidates will be expected to have a B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D. degree in a medical or a related subject and to have a good command of the English language for which evidence of proficiency may be required.
- Interested applicants should apply to TUMS by registering and completing our free online application form.
- Applicants who choose to participate in this course should obtain a visa which covers the entire period of the course up to, and including, the date of flight departure to enter the country. Visa application should be made at least one month before the course is due to begin. The office of Global Strategies and International Affairs (GSIA) at TUMS will assist you in processing your visa application.
ATTENDANCE AND ACCREDITATION
- The participants will be expected to attend all sessions throughout the course and to be in attendance on the opening and closing days of the course without exception. Those participants fulfilling the attendance requirements and reaching a satisfactory standard will receive the certificate from the Teheran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS).