exchange opportunity for tums students
Erasmus+ offers opportunities for students to study in higher education institutes (HEIs) outside the EU.
It also makes available the same opportunities for students from countries beyond Europe to come and enter European universities. This flow of students is known as International Credit Mobility (ICM), an activity under Key Action 1 (KA107).
Within the framework of this mobility, one TUMS nursing student at the Bachelor’s level is able to study at University of Almeria, Spain, for 5 months, for which 18 credits will be obtained. After the mobility phase, the student will return to his or her home institute to complete their studies and get recognition for the obtained credits in the form of clinical training course credits. All undergraduate students who are at least in their second year of studies in the field of nursing at TUMS School of Nursing and Midwifery are welcome to apply for this position. The student awarded with this opportunity will receive a grant as a contribution to their travel costs and living expenses during the period of study.
This student mobility program should start in the first semester of the academic year 2019/2020 according to University of Almería’s academic calendar (from 17 September 2019 to 8 February 2020).
The deadline for nomination is June 15, 2019.
The student who will be selected:
- must be enrolled at least in the second year of their studies;
- should not have completed more than 7 months of Erasmus+ or Erasmus Mundus mobility prior to this program;
- should hold a B1 certificate of Spanish or English proficiency;
- must choose courses belonging to their area of studies. Courses in English are limited, and students are recommended to consider this condition before accepting the scholarship; and,
- must be willing to enroll at UAL for at least 8 ECTS (three courses).
For More Information, please refer to the Office of Vice-Dean of International Affairs at TUMS School of Nursing and Midwifery.