Interview with the First Iraqi & the only Alumni in Critical care Pharmacotherapy (Fellowship)
Congratulation to the TUMS first alumni in Critical care Pharmacotherapy (Fellowship)
- Please introduce yourself with your major and level of studies here at TUMS?
I AM Assist. Professor Dr. Ali MOHAMMED ALAHMED, study postdoctoral in clinical pharmacy (Fellowship in critical care pharmacotherapy).
- What made you to come to Iran in order to continue your career? And how was TUMS on your first impression? How is TUMS in reality now?
I was seeking for a post doc program in a neighboring country. I suggested that TUMS is highly ranking university. Now I found that TUMS has a very good scientific framework with a many great esteemed scientists.
- Why did you choose this field?
I am specialist in clinical pharmacy. I chose the fellowship because the supervisor was a great scientist to learn from (Mojtaba Mojtahedzadeh). As well as the critical care setting is very attractive to expert my knowledge).
- Apart from your studies, tell us about your experience in using university’s facilities like laboratory and library. What other facilities were you waiting for during your studies?
I used hospital library, it was wonderful, quiet and has a lot of references.
- Do you have any plan to pursue your education in Iran? Why? Why not?
I reached the final step in my study in fact.
- If you are eager to study at TUMS, which major you like to study? And with which condition you prefer to come?
Actually I hope it was younger than this age again I study critical care medicine.
- What is your current position in your country?
I am faculty member at University of Basra Iraq.
- If you were TUMS Dean, what would you do for international students?
More facilities regarding dormitory students and speeding up visa affairs are crucial to attract foreigners.
- Do you have any message for TUMS family (authorities, professors, staffs and students) before leaving the country?
Yes, at first I hope all of them safe and healthy. please dont give up your gun. Life is a struggle. Help students with up-to-date information’s is all the story….