Guideline on Acquiring Visa for a Student’s Spouse or Children


If you have entered Iran with your family members and they intend to stay in Iran, please observe the following points in order to acquire a residency for your spouse or children based on your residency:

1. Students who wish to receive visa for their spouse or children need to refer to the Visa and Consular Affairs Office at TUMS Directorate of International Affairs and Development in order to receive the relevant form and completing them and other necessary documents listed below:


2. The documents required to be submitted are as follows:

- 2 Photos of the person for whom you want to get the visa (3*4) (Passport- style photograph)

  - Two copies of the student’s information page and residency permit

  - Two copies of your Police Dept. ID Label (it is on your last page of your passport)

  - Two Copies of your marriage/divorce documents, verified by an Iranian embassy/ consulate in your country.

  - If the child is born in Iran, original birth certificate (issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran for the passport)

 - Completed Application  2 forms for Residence Permit (should be downloaded from here , typed and printed out)

Note 1: All fields should be filled out completely both in English and Persian.

Note 2: For occupation please write “student of level in major” (Exp. Student of PhD in Epidemiology).

Note 3: Write your address completely with your mobile number

  - Deposit 1.000,000 Rials (100,000 Tomans) per each member of family) by bank card at The Office of Visa and Consular Affairs


Important note: Incident insurance coverage is required for all International students on TUMS and other higher education institutions in Iran. International students can apply for accident insurance by purchasing electronic accident insurance through the online system. The Hayat-e-Amn Insurance Company is available at and the provision of consular services to International students will be subject to the issuance of an accident insurance policy.

For any further information to purchase the above mentioned insurance please approach to the Visa and Consular Affairs Office of TUMS Directorate of International Affairs and Development at the address below:


Address: No. 21, Dameshgh St., Vali-e Asr Ave., Tehran 1416753955, Iran.

Tel.: (+98 21) 8889 8531 or (+98 21) 8889 6694 - Ext.: 154-5

Hours for Submitting Documents: Saturdays to Wednesdays, 8:30 to 15:30

Last Update At : 29 May 2021