TUMS offers Course proposals on interventional radiology at the Medical imaging center of Imam khomeiny hospital. For each course 2 students will be accepted. This program is a degree program and students will receive certificate after completion.
This three month educational course offers extensive nonvascular interventional training, as well as participation in both clinical and basic research.
The Interventional Radiology Section at Medical Imaging Center of Imam Khomeiny Hospital Complex performs more than 3,000 procedures annually, covering the entire spectrum of diagnostic and interventional radiology. These included:
- Nephrostomy and retrograde pyelography
- CVS and Amniocentesis
- Image guided biopsy from tumors and bone
- Osteoid osteoma and other lyser ablation procedures
- Pain block
- Drainage of cysts and collections
- Thyroid nodules ablation
- Dialysis access maintenance
- Intravascular foreign-body retrieval
- Percutaneous biliary and genitourinary interventions
- Percutaneous gastrostomy and jejunostomy
- Percutaneous abscess drainage and biopsy
- Percutaneous radiofrequency tumor ablation and chemoembolization
- Treatment of varicose veins.
In addition to the performance of a wide variety of vascular and interventional radiologic procedures, each fellow gains extensive clinical experience in the pre- and post-procedural management of patients who are candidates for intervention, both in the IR clinical area and in the dedicated IR Clinic facility.
A didactic core curriculum in vascular and interventional radiology is provided. Fellows receive instruction in the performance and assessment of noninvasive laboratory techniques and play an active role in the performance and interpretation of duplex ultrasound, MRA and CTA.
The special procedures area includes 2 state-of-the-art angiography suites, a holding area, a reception area and conferencing facilities. three dedicated color duplex ultrasound units are available for vascular imaging and procedural guidance. 2 fast reconstructing computed tomography scanners and 2 magnetic resonance imaging units are also available within the department.
We are currently accepting applications for fellowships to begin in the start of each season.
- Successful completion of a diagnostic radiology residency.
- Ability to obtain a license to practice medicine.
- A personal interview is required unless there are exceptional circumstances.
A completed application consists of the following:
- Radiology approval board
- Curriculum vitae
- Language certificate
- Two years experience in interventional radiology
- 3000 $ payment
TUMS international students will be given the opportunity to use our international dormitories located close to campus in Tehran.
The applicants are requested to submit TUMS online application form to apply for this position.
For more information please read TUMS admission criteria and guidelines.