What are the Academic requirements?
An undergraduate or a first-level university student is a student working towards a B.Sc., M.D./M.B.B.S., D.D.S./ B.D.S.or Pharm.D. degree. For further information regarding undergraduate programs offered by TUMS, click here. To apply for the undergraduate level, filling out the Online Application Form and uploading high-quality scans of the following documents are required (some documents are mandatory and some are optional):
Documents with (*) symbol are mandatory.
- A letter of application or motivation in which you clearly specify your major and level of interest. Guidelines on writing a letter of motivation is available here:
- A Resume or C.V.
- * High School Diploma/Secondary School Certificate/Higher Secondary School Certificate with courses in biology, chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. along with its complete transcript of records (Minimum GPA of 3.00/4.00 or equivalent)
- Proficiency in English and Acceptable Scores:
IELTS with a minimum band score of 5.5 or its equivalent in TOEFL iBT (minimum 69) or TOEFL PBT (minimum 525) is required upon registration. For further information, click here.
- * A passport-size photograph
- A high-quality scan of the main pages of your passport
How can I apply?
Applications for medicine degrees are submitted using the application form. Here you can register and create your application. You will need to complete a number of different sections, including your personal details, educational qualifications, financial information and a personal statement.
Read our advice on how to apply for an undergraduate degree for more information on the TUMS application.
If you have been accepted on the medicine course, start preparing for your visa application if you require a visa to study in Iran. You can find out more information here.
If you were unsuccessful in your application, you will be able to apply again the following year.