Sub-Specialty of Pediatric Nephrology
This course is a subset of pediatrics involving screening, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of pediatrics renal diseases. The course duration is 24 months with the aim of training competent, knowledgeable, liable sub-specialists for service provision and continuous improvement in diagnostic, therapeutic, preventive, and educating and research fields of pediatric nephrology.
- The trainee will be effective in the assessment, investigation, management, and rehabilitation of children with all urinary tract system and nephrologic disorders.
- At the end of the program learners will be competent in the following skills: Peritoneal Dialysis; Renal Biopsy; Acute Dialysis; Catheterization for Dialysis; Surapubic Aspiration; Urethral Catheter Insertion and extraction; Inhibitory and Excitatory Tests; and Water Withdrawal Tests.
- Program Duration: 2 years
- Program Semester: September, February
- Program Intake Year: 2019, 2020
- Dr. Taher Esfahani
- Dr. Darioush Fahimi
- Dr. Mastaneh Mogtaderi
- Dr. Arash Abbasi
- Dr. Behnaz Bazargani
- Dr. Fahimeh Askarian
Method of Instruction
- Bedside teaching in the department of pediatric nephrology division, a portion of 5 days per week for a period of 15 months;
- Teaching in outpatient pediatric nephrology clinics, a portion of 4 days per week for 15 months;
- Teaching in related departments and divisions such as joint clinic with urology and kidney transplantation, pathology and adult nephrology for 6 months; and,
- Participating in the ground round, journal club, case-based discussions, book review conferences, and some workshops on research methodology and how to write a paper.
- To apply for this program, you will need to fulfill a number of requirements, which can be found in the Graduate Admission Requirements.
Program Specific Eligibility Criteria
- Who Can Attend? Individuals holding an M.D. or an M.B.B.S. degree and having a specialty in pediatrics.
- The eligible candidate must have successfully completed an approved pediatrics residency program.
- Tehran University of Medical Sciences has a rolling application system and reviews student applications all year round.
- However, the deadline for the September intake is June 31, and the deadline for the February intake is October 31.
Education Fees and Yearly Expenses
- For complete and comprehensive information about fees and expenses, please refer to the Education Fees and Yearly Expenses section.
In case of any inquiries, please contact the following:
- Contact Person: Darioush Fahimi, Head of Pediatric Nephrology
- Tel.: (+98 21) 6693 5848, (+98) 912 157 5314
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Children’s Medical Center, Nosrat St., Karegar Ave., Tehran, Iran
To contact the Office of International Admissions, please use the following information:
- Tel.: (+98 21) 8889 6692 & 94, Ext.: 318 or 319
- Fax: (+98 21) 8889 6696
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: No. 21, Dameshgh St., Vali-e Asr Ave., Tehran 1416753955, Iran
In case you are ready to apply, please refer to TUMS Online Application Form below.