Sub-Specialty of Pediatric Rheumatology
The Department of Pediatrics offers a 2-year of clinical practice in the field of pediatric rheumatology including bedside teaching and outpatient clinic in a tertiary children medical center.
This program aims to provide training regarding research and teaching of rheumatic diseases in children as well as training in the following diagnosis and treatment fields:
- Inflammatory and non-infectious joint, bone and other connective tissues disorders in children and adolescents;
- Autoimmune and disorders in children and adolescents;
- Vasculitis in children and adolescents;
- Auto-inflammatory hereditary disorders in children;
- Periodic fevers syndromes in children and adolescents; and,
- Non-inflammatory bone and joint disorders in children and adolescents.
Method of Instruction
- Bedside teaching in the department of pediatric rheumatology, a portion of 5 days per week for a period of 15 months;
- Teaching in outpatient pediatric rheumatology clinics, a portion of 3 days per week for 15 months;
- Teaching in related departments and divisions such as pediatric orthopedics clinic, immunology, radiology, joint clinic with adult rheumatology, etc. for 8 months; and,
- Participating in the ground round, journal club, case-based discussions, book review conferences, and some workshops on research methodology and how to write a paper.
- Individuals who, according to a residency program standard, are pediatric board members and are proficient in the English or Persian languages
Duration, Tuition Fee, and Dates:
- 24 months
- 5000 US Dollars (per year)
- This program commences in September and finishes in August.
- Dr. Vahid Ziaee
- Children's Medical Center, Iran's Pediatric Center of Excellence, for a period of 18 months; and,
- Imam Khomeini Hospital, for the remaining 6 months of the program.
- Dr. Vahid Ziaee
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel.: (+98 21) 6693 5848
- Fax: (+98 21) 6693 5848