Fellowship of Pediatric Urology
The pediatric urology fellowship program is a clinical course and the graduates are engaged in prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and care provision for patients with congenital and acquired functional and organic disorders of the genitourinary tract and adrenal gland.
- The pediatric urology fellowship program is a clinical course and the graduates are engaged in prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and care provision for patients with congenital and acquired functional and organic disorders of the genitourinary tract and adrenal gland. The scope of practice of this course ranges from the fetal period until the end of 18 years of age.
- The duration of this educational program is 18 months. The aim is to train specialists who are up-to-date, competent, responsible, and sensitive to the health of individuals and society in the specialized field of pediatric urology.
- 18 months
- Ultrasound guided percutaneous nephrostomy
- Surgical management of neurogenic bladder dysfunction
- UPJ & UVJ obstruction (Surgical management of ureteropelvic junction obstruction)
- Ureteral ectopia
- PUV and stenosis
- Renal cystic lesions
- Treatment methods of vesicoureteral reflux, open surgery & Endoscopy
- Kidney, testicular, bladder tumors
- Ureteral catheterization
- Different types of open and endoscopic surgeries for urinary stones
- Ambiguous genitalia surgeries
- Hydrocele, Varicocele and other Disorders of the testes management
- Extrophy reconstructive surgeries
- Hypospadias & Epispadias management
- GU anomalies in Prune belly syndrome
- Torsion of the testis and appendages
- Cystoscopy and Ureteroscopy on children and infants
- Urodynamic testing
- Kidney Transplantation
Method(s) of Instruction
During this course, various methods and techniques will be used:
- Bedside teaching in the Pediatric urology ward.
- Various intra- and intersectoral, hospital, interdisciplinary and inter-university conferences as well as seminars
- Discussion in small groups, workshops, journal clubs and reading groups as well as Case Presentation
- Self-Education, Self-Study
- Other training methods and techniques according to the requirements and objectives
- Some workshops on research methodology
- 7500 USD (5000 USD Annually). A scholarship is available for top applicants or applicants from developing countries.
Who Can Attend?
Individuals who are
- Holding an M.D. or M.B.B.S. degree;
- Having and approved specialty in Urology.
The eligible candidate must have successfully completed an approved surgery residency program in Urology.
- Dr. Abdolmohamad Kajbafzadeh, Professor of Pediatric Urology
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel.: (+98 21) 6147 2146