Call for Application for Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Program
About the Erasmus+ Program
The European Commission has established an initiative program called Erasmus+. The program is to fund mobilities among EU countries and between EU countries and Partner Countries from the rest of the world. This program has been set up for the period 2014-2022 and, a new call for proposals will be open every year in order to promote socio-economic changes, the key challenges that Europe will be facing until the end of the decade, and to support the fulfilment of the Europe 2020 strategy for growth, jobs, social equity and inclusion.
Although the Erasmus program was initially earmarked only to the Program Countries (EU), in 2015, for the first time, part of the EU funding was allocated for mobility actions between Program Countries and Partner Countries. In this regard, the Erasmus+ Program is planned to support efforts of Program Countries to efficiently use the potential of Europe’s human talent and social capital, while confirming the principle of lifelong learning by linking support to formal, non-formal and informal learning throughout the education, training and youth fields. The program also enhances the opportunities for cooperation and mobility with Partner Countries, notably in the fields of higher education and youth.
This call for applications is made in accordance with the framework of Erasmus + Key Action 1 Mobility Projects in the Field of Education, Training and Youth between Program and Partner Countries. This action aims to contribute to the cooperation between the EU and eligible Partner Countries and reflects the EU external action objectives, priorities and principles.
This Erasmus+ Action 1 project between the Universidad de León (Spain) and Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) provides an opportunity for ONE TEACHING STAFF to spend a week at ULe (Spain) for teaching and the candidate receives a grant as a contribution to his/her costs for travel and subsistence.
The home universities (TUMS) will be responsible for announcing this call, selecting candidates and sending them to ULe (including preparation, monitoring and recognition related to the mobility period). Applicants are expected to carefully read all the information before proceeding to fulfill and submit their applications.
Type of Mobility, Number of Grants and Duration
Under this Mobility and for this call, one TUMS teaching staff is able to teach at ULe (Spain). The period of stay comprises 5 teaching days and 2 days of travel.
- Only TUMS faculty members at school of Rehabilitation in the field of Physiotherapy and school of Nursing and Midwifery are eligible to apply for this position.
- The Mobility in this project must be completed before July 2022.
- Applicants need to prepare a teaching program. It is compulsory to teach at least 8 hours at ULe during the 5 activity days of the mobility.
- Once selected, the grantee is required to fill in a Mobility Agreement stating their teaching program: Link: https://gsia.tums.ac.ir/Images/UserFiles/2986/file/Erasmus/Mobility%20Agreement.docx
- Beneficiaries will need to take an accident and emergency insurance that covers the duration of their mobility, ULe requires the Oncampus insurance for the extense coverage. https://oncampus.es/seguros/oncampus-pdipas/
- Every mobility should have the possibility of academic recognition.
Teaching Staff candidates are required to submit a fully documented application to the Office of International Relations of the respected school (Rehabilitation/Nursing and Midwifery).
After the thorough review of applications, the selection committee will introduce the selected grantee to ULe for further actions.
The grantee is required to contact a ULe professor in the same academic field, present a week´s workplan to and obtain her/his written acceptance and fill the staff mobility agreement.
You may find the list of professors and researchers of ULe here.
- Invitation Letter (from a ULe profesor)
- CV (in English)
- Proof of Employment (in English)
Evaluation and Selection of Applications
- Proposed work plan
- Language level (at least B2 English and A1 Spanish)
The grants offered in the Erasmus+ Mobility between Program and Partner Countries are merely a contribution to bearing the additional cost of the stay abroad and do not cover all the expenses.
The Erasmus+ ICM KA 107 programme will pay the teaching staff an amount of 160 €/day for the duration of mobility to the ULe. With this money, the grantee will have to pay for accommodation, meals and other expenses. Beneficiaries are responsible for contracting their travel arrangements, insurance cover, and visa expenses.
Teaching staff will also receive an amount of 820 € for travel expenses once arrived to ULe.
- All Applicants have to apply for the visa; ULe will send the acceptance letter in due time for this purpose.
- All Applicants shall fill in the Survey established by ULe and TUMS.
- Grantees must have a Staff Mobility Agreement signed by home and host universities, before starting the mobility period. These agreements define the target learning outcomes for the learning period abroad, specify the formal recognition provisions and list the rights and obligations of each party.
Contact Us for More Information:
Please do not hesitate to contact us in case you may need further information.
Project Coordinator: Ms. Malihe Alaeddini
Tel.: (+98 21) 8880 0332
Address: No. 21, Dameshgh St., Vali-e Asr Ave., Tehran 1416753955, Iran