Artificial Intelligence in Medical Sciences
|School||School of Advanced Technologies in Medicine|
|Department||Department of Artificial Intelligence in Medical Sciences|
Artificial intelligence is to study and develop machines (computers, robots and physical systems) that can carry out tasks commonly dependent on human intelligence such as seeing, understanding, recognition, communication, decision making and translating languages independently without the human assistance. Artificial intelligence systems are called systems that can be similar to human intelligent behaviors, including understanding complex conditions, simulating thinking processes and human reasoning practices and their response to them, learning and the ability to gain knowledge and reason for solving issues.
Artificial Intelligence in Medical Sciences specifically is focusing and developing applications of artificial intelligence in medical sciences such as predicting, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases, its use in areas such as pharmacy, psychiatry, rehabilitation, making smart monitoring device health, building robots and devices help patients and people with disabilities and build devices for promoting the human senses.
- Training the creative force and processor to increase the efficiency of information in the field of health
- Organizing the information storage and facilitating access to them in health fields
- Processing and converting data collected in the health area to quantitative information required for treatment staff to distinguish, predict and provide effective treatment
- Reducing the risk of diagnostic and therapeutic errors and reducing medical costs
- Eliminating the limitation of providing medical treatments to help patients who are not allowed to attend a specialist doctor and help treat patients through developed diagnostic and therapeutic methods developed by artificial intelligence as well as products produced with artificial intelligence knowledge.
- Qualitative and quantitative provision of health care services with reduced related costs
- Using current developed models or new models in artificial intelligence to solve the issues of medical sciences and meet the needs of this area
General Requirement: To apply for this program, you will need to fulfill a number of requirements, which can be found in the Graduate Admission Requirements.
Specific Requiremetns: The volunteers entered the doctorate of artificial intelligence in medical sciences should have one of the following academic degrees:
Masters of Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering (all specialties and fields), Electrical Engineering (all fields), Medical Engineering (all fields), Mechanical Engineering (Biomechanical field, Applied Design and Mechatronics)
The eligible candidate should have successfully completed an approved related Degree program and should be proficient in English or Persian.
Tehran University of Medical Sciences has a rolling application system and reviews student applications all year round.
However, the deadline for the September intake is June 31.
Education Fees and Yearly Expenses
For complete and comprehensive information about fees and expenses, please refer to the Education Fees and Yearly Expenses section.
Duration: 4 years
Courses and number of credits:
Compulsory (core) credits: 16 credits
Optional (Non-core): 6 credits
Thesis: 18 credits
Total: 40 credits
For more information, please download the Program Curriculum of Artificial Intelligence in Medical Sciences
In case of any inquiries, you can contact the Office of International representative of the Department of Artificial Intelligence in Medical Sciences Tehran University of Medical Sciences through the following:
Contact Person : Parastoo Yazdani
Tel.: (+98 21) 88953055
Email : email@example.com
Address: No.25, Hojatdoost St.,Felestin St.,Keshavarz Blvd., Tehran 1416634793,Iran
To contact the Office of International Admissions, please use the following information:
Tel.: (+98 21) 8890 2090-93, Ext.: 166
Address: No. 21, Dameshgh St., Vali-e Asr Ave., Tehran 1416753955, Iran
In case you are ready to apply, please refer to TUMS Online Application Form below.
Alternatively, you can visit the following pages if you require more information about the university: