Doctor of Dental Surgery(D.D.S.)
|School||School of Dentistry|
|Department||Department of Doctor of Dentistry (D.D.S.)|
D.D.S. is a six-year program which consists of a competency-based educational plan with emphasis on prevention caring, so that graduate students, besides sufficient and comprehensive knowledge in up-to-date dentistry sciences, have the skills for visiting patients and treating different kinds of oral and dental diseases. In this program, students pass basic sciences in two years and then enter the clinic for four years in order to pass courses in all dentistry departments and learn the diagnosis of different kinds of diseases in each department. The student completes a total of 207 credits within six years. As a result of working with numerous patients, students will become highly skilled in their clinical stage.
The primary mission of Tehran University of Sciences' School of Dentistry is to provide access to high quality, publicly-funded dental education to regions in order to develop dentists who will make a personal commitment to serving the needs of rural and underserved communities through outreaching programs that are especially attentive to minority and underserved populations.
Students learn about the upstream factors that affect the health outcomes, such as personal behaviors, health care quality and access, social, cultural and economic factors, and the built and natural environment
The educational mission of TUMS is to graduate dentist with the ability and desire to improve the health of all people by alleviating suffering and eliminating healthcare disparities through their leadership in patient care, research, education, health care administration, and the community.
After completing the educational program for the D.D.S. degree, our graduates will be able to:
- Prepare highly qualified dental hygiene healthcare professionals.
- Apply their knowledge and skills to the practice of dentistry, including formulating an appropriate problem list, a set of competing hypotheses, and a diagnostic and therapeutic plan.
- Progress in the development of self-directed life-long learning skills, including the recognition of personal educational needs, selection of appropriate learning resources, and evaluation of progress.
- Gain professionalism through a commitment to professional responsibility, ethical principles, reflective practice, and self-improvement.
- Gain communication skills, including effective and humane interactions with patients, colleagues, health care personnel, and members of the community.
- Function as a collaborative member of the healthcare team.
- Incorporate pedagogy that fosters problem solving and critical thinking skills as a basic feature of the curriculum.
- Gain the flexibility to allow for enrichment, adaptability to learning styles, and developing alternate careers.
- Recognize the role of technology in the educational process and access to information for the efficient and effective practice of dentistry.
- Continuously evaluate by appropriate outcome data to ensure quality and continuous improvement.
To apply for this program, you will need to fulfill a number of requirements, which can be found in the Undergraduate Admission Requirements.
Tehran University of Medical Sciences has a rolling application system and reviews student applications all year round.
However, the deadline for the September intake is June 31, and the deadline for the February intake is October 31.
Education Fees and Yearly Expenses
For complete and comprehensive information about fees and expenses, please refer to the Education Fees and Yearly Expenses section.
Program Duration: 6 years
For more information, please download the Program Curriculum of Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) 2014-2018
Program Curriculum of Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) 2018
In case of any inquiries, you can contact the Office of Vice-Dean for International Affairs at TUMS School of Dentistry through the following:
Contact Person: Dr. Pouyan Amini Shakib
Tel.: (+9821) 42794266
Email: email@example.com or Dentistry_intl@tums.ac.ir
Address: Faculty of Dentistry: End of North Kargar Street, Tehran, 1439955991, Iran
To contact the Office of International Admissions, please use the following information:
Tel.: (+98 21) 8890 2090-93, Ext.: 169
Address: No. 21, Dameshgh St., Vali-e Asr Ave., Tehran 1416753955, Ir
In case you are ready to apply, please refer to TUMS Online Application Form below.
Alternatively, you can visit the following pages if you require more information about the university: