Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS)
|School||School of Medicine|
This course consists a competency-based educational plan with study, research, and limited hands-on practice under the supervision of reputed professors. Duration of this program is equal to 5.5 years. MBBS course syllabus is classified into following: general, basic and clinical (major). It is divided into credits of theoretical, practical and theoretical-theoretical courses.
After graduation, individuals can pursue your studies in different Specialty programs. Moreover, they are able to start their professional practice in hospitals and clinics.
The aim of this course is to provide general practitioners with the following abilities:
- Familiar with the mechanisms of health and disease.
- Familiar with major health issues and ability to integrate Medical Knowledge to address the mechanisms of health and disease
- Clinical and Professional Skills:
- Developing and maintaining professional behaviors
- Develop interpersonal and communication skills for an effective collaboration with patients, their families
- Develop skills for evidence based learning and practice
- Ability to use the latest scientific resources and make use of new information in their work
- Practical ability to diagnosis and management of common medical problems and/ or emergency diseases
Duration of this program is equal to 5.5 years.
To apply for this program, you will need to fulfill a number of requirements, which can be found in the Undergraduate Admission Requirements.
Tehran University of Medical Sciences has a rolling application system and reviews student applications all year round.
However, the deadline for the September intake is June 31, and the deadline for the February intake is October 31.
Education Fees and Yearly Expenses
For complete and comprehensive information about fees and expenses, please refer to the Education Fees and Yearly Expenses section.
This program includes three phases:
- Phase 1 (2.5 years): In this part, students pass theoretical and practical courses of basic and general science, in university (class and laboratory).
- Phase 2 (1 year): In this part, student learn Fundamental of Clinical Medicine Stage in university (class and clinical parts).
- Phase 3 (2 years): In this part, student participate as Clinical Clerkship in different wads and clinics.
Note: it is necessary to pass basic credits, for entering the clinical course (Second phase).
Remark: Students not passing their credits of base science, shall be allowed to enter into clinical course, if remained credits are not prerequisite of major credits.
Educational system is on the basis of bylaws, being issued by supreme council for planning. It is allocated 17 and 34 hours and each hour 60 minutes into each theoretical and practical credit, respectively.
Total number of course credits is equal to 220, as following:
- Basic Medical Science credits 69
- General Credits 18
- Fundamental of Clinical Medicine Stage 34.5
- Clinical Clerkship Stage 98.5
For more information, please download the Program Curriculum of M.B.B.S.
In case of any inquiries, you can contact the Office of Vice-Dean for International Affairs at TUMS School of Medicine through the following:
Contact Person: Dr. Nima Rezaei
Tel.: (+9821) 88989487
Fax: (+98 21) 64053431
Address: TUMS School of Medicine, Pour Sina St., Enghelab St., Tehran 1417613151, Iran
To contact the Office of International Admissions, please use the following information:
Tel.: (+98 21) 8890 2090-93, Ext.: 168
Address: No. 21, Dameshgh St., Vali-e Asr Ave., Tehran 1416753955, Iran
In case you are ready to apply, please refer to TUMS Online Application Form below.
Alternatively, you can visit the following pages if you require more information about the university: